Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Fulfilling My Duties as Blog Queen...Oh, Sorry - Wrong Dream

Yesterday, I had the honor of "Beautiful Blogger" bestowed on me by Pat Tillett of http://patricktillett.blogspot.com/.  I am very grateful to such a wonderful encourager and gifted writer for thinking of those of us who are just beginning our blog journey.  If you have never happened upon his site - you need to make it a point to visit.  I promise, you won't want to leave!  He also hosts a photography site that is awesome! 

If I get this straight, I'm supposed to share five things about myself...Lord knows that could go in many directions but none too interesting, so I'll just ping pong it - let whatever bounces off the walls of my mind spill out.  Some days it's pretty vacant up there, others, it's crammed full, so let's explore shall we? Besides, since I'm a novice to the scene, then there's really not much any of you know about me, but rules being rules, here we go:

1.  I have an uncanny "disability" when it comes to cooking Mac & Cheese.  I'm horrible!  To this day, I haven't made a single box that tasted worth a toot!  No joke - I must have a gene or something.  I read the box, I follow the directions on the box, but somewhere between the box and the plate - it totally goes flavorless!  Help!

2.  I am the baby of four children.  I was born 12 years after Mom and Dad THOUGHT they were through - OOOPS!!  And no - not too badly spoiled!  I was raised with my nieces so it took us until grade school to realize we weren't really sisters and that I was the aunt - they were the nieces.  Weird, but nice!

3.   I have a secret crush (well just ruined that one) on Seether's "crunchy" lead singer, Shaun Morgan.  Yeah I do.

4.  I am extremely happy in the children's section of any book store!  It's, for me, what I would imagine a trip to Disney World is for a kid.  On the subject of books, I occasionally "punish" myself with reading a literary classic, then "reward" myself by buying a new literary work or clothes or CHOCOLATE! (Ok - this may count as two, but just humor me.)

5.  I have very strange eating habits.  I know somewhere there is someone like me!  But I am often chided about the way I eat or what I eat - I smell a blog coming on!  I have a myriad of oddities, but let's not spoil it now.

Now for the cutomary passing of the award - and I gladly do this.  I will try not to give to those who have already been awarded one - even though I may be of the opinion that you deserve it! 

The first I give to Ashley at Life in Florida http://abowmanblog.blogspot.com/ .  I know this girl personally, and she not only puts a lot into her blog but into her classroom as well - it's evident.  She is a newlywed and a teacher and all around good person!  Check her out!  Spend some time in Florida with her and drop by her classroom.

I've enjoyed http://memorablemeanders.blogspot.com/.  This lady posts lots of pics and shares about her life as an expat living in Africa, showing us the beauty of her country.  Just visit and you will see what a neat story she has.  She's currently on a biking trip and is spending time with family.  Find Jo and see how she shares about her Africa and her life.  She is very kind, helpful, and has responded to many of my posts.

Quest for Animation Glory http://questforanimationglory.blogspot.com/ is a fun site to follow.  I perceive that Vince Gorman is a very talented and busy man.  This blog is literally full of some very cool artwork as Vince follows his dream of animating.  He hasn't posted a lot lately, but it appears he is very busy on his quest, so follow with patience, but definatly visit him!

I love to travel to Scottland for the Senses http://scotland4thesenses.blogspot.com/ to visit with Sophia.  She is so talented!  She posts beautiful pics and blogs often.  She also has fun give-a-ways!  How kind!  I would do this, but hey, you can only send out so many Mississippi refrigerator magnets and State or Ole Miss hats!  Seriously, Sophia's blog gives you a real "sense" of Scottland and makes you feel like you've traveled there without having to leave home.

I ran across Pilgrim Chick at http://skenyonsmadness.blogspot.com/ from her visit to my blog - thank you, Sweet.  Her blog, Spark of Madness, is interesting and full of thought provoking blurbs from her life as a pilgrim and everyday observations!  Check it out and see what she's into next.

Ok - please forgive my poor attempt at linking you to these blogs - I'M STILL LEARNING!  But I do hope that you visit them and find them as entertaining and loveable as I have.  Thank you, again to those who have visited, commented, and joined as followers on my journey.  Each of you will never know how much it means to me that you have taken the time to check me out (watch out!) and spend time here!  Bless you all and I hope to get around to following each of you and seeing what you have to say - ain't this fun!

And again, I say a big THANK YOU to Pat - cheers (it'll have to be with a Yahoo or a green tea, but much love)!

10 comments:

Pat Tillett said...

Hi Andrea,
It was my pleasure!
Thanks for the nice words and keep writing...

Andrea said...

You're too kind!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your award! :)

Andrea said...

Thank you darhling!!! I appreciate it & am enjoying your blog!

PurestGreen said...

Intriguing list of things about yourself. I am off to check out these links. Thanks for saying such nice things about my blog.

Andrea said...

You are truely an artist, and very deserving. Hope you enjoy the other blogs. Thank you!

Ashley King said...

congrats on the award!!! =)
keep up on the great writing! =)

Andrea said...

Thank you, Ashley. I sure have enjoyed reading your writings! Hope your week is going better than last week!

Ms. A said...

Congratulations! That Pat is something else!

Andrea said...

Isn't he though! Thank you so much - I appreciate it! Stopping by to see you today.