Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Let’s Laugh, Shall We?


We often read those hilarious misprints, gaffes, or typos that make us all giggle when we see them. Sometimes, we even find those good intentioned, “there was just no way around it” labels, headlines, etc. that no matter how you try to make it sound appropriate or tasteful…well…let’s just take a look…



While reading a section of a local paper intended to inform of upcoming events, I happened upon this little gem in the County Calendar, “Children’s Market: Bozo’s Big Bowel Movement at the local Children’s Market will begin at 6:00 PM, Thursday, August 19th…” This was a free family event, luckily. Shame to have to pay to experience that "function". Wow, I'm not sure if I would’ve been tempted to purchase any “locally grown produce” from this particular farmer’s market…makes you question the possible experimentation of going green with local fertilizer, huh?  Spend the rest of the day trying to wipe that image clean.


Another, I will share at my own expense. Many of us have laughed as we have read those funny wedding announcement headlines in papers. You know the ones...some are a little inappropriate and some are just downright funny.  Traylor/Hooker, Moore/Bacon, the list goes on....  Since I have suffered from this firsthand, I feel obliged to share that my maiden name is Little, a name of which I am proud and would not shame my father’s legacy for any reason. We Little’s are a proud clan, we are! However, I married a Johnson…need I say more…



Oh yes, I shall…while attending my 10 year high school reunion years…and years…and years ago…the officers of our senior class were required to take on various duties of the night. Being the class secretary, I was so fortunate as to have the honor of calling together everyone and announcing the Emcee or DJ for the night (memories a little cloudy, so these details may be a little misconstrued). The guy asked me to introduce myself and if I was married, to please give my first name, maiden name, and married name. Really, dude? Come on.



After already being nervous to speak before a crowd of my peers and dreading the intro, I willed my way through it (keep in mind that I was also largely pregnant at said time)....waiting for the giggles…and...yep, they came. At which time, I feel the sudden urge to explain that this has no bearing on my husband. The response…even more giggles…to which I decide…it’s better to just sit down. How do you come back…I ask, just how do you come back?


Now, come on, guys!  I know you all have a little something you can share.  Please feel free to share the laughter...we all need it!


*Bozo's BM compliments of Neighbors, A Journal Publishing Company, August 19-25, p. 2.

6 comments:

Ms. A said...

I don't think I have anything to compete with yours! LOL!

Pat Tillett said...

That is CLASSIC!!!
Great post! Right now I'm trying to think of the names and maiden names of friends and family members....

Ashley King said...

LOVE THIS!!!!!!!! glad to see you writing again!!!!

Andrea said...

Thank you Ms. A, Pat, and Ashley! It's so nice to hear from you all. You are all so sweet!

Can't wait to get caught up on reading you guys' posts...fun to read what you all have going on in your lives now.

Thanks for the nice words!

pilgrimchick said...

That's great! I am sure that broke any ice that may have been present in that room.

-Warren Zoell said...

I've been meaning to ask. What does Skarkenjuice & Moodicarry mean anyway?